Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks
Online Irvine UX/UI Boot Camp
In today’s technology-driven world, phrases like “responsive design” and “user-friendly interface” have become increasingly important across industries. Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences.
The UX/UI Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education can help equip you with the training you need for this rewarding field in just 24 weeks.
Our boot camp is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our program blends the best of online education: engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Whether it’s for a new promotion or job, our program will help you gain hands-on experience and build a portfolio of projects that showcases your new skills and demonstrates your value to any organization.
Why choose our UX/UI program?
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time through a flexible online format with live classes four hours per week.
- Tap into our wide range of career-planning services to help you succeed in the field, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, job referrals, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion in UX/UI from the UCI Division of Continuing Education.
Go Beyond UX & UI Training
Learn competitive skills with a holistic focus on both design and front end development to help you build more imaginative interfaces, smarter user experiences, and collaborate with greater efficiency across product teams.
Through an immersive online experience, you’ll learn the fundamentals for user experience research and user interface design, including:
User-Centric Design Research
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Flexible Weekly Content
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new UX/UI skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
A Community Of Advocates On Your Side
When learning a new set of skills, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our online UX/UI boot camp offers you a comprehensive network of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants during live class sessions.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. The Career Services Team offers:
- Industry speakers and events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio development
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring UX/UI professionals to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The class environment allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond program completion. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Why Join Our Online UX/UI Boot Camp
Our online UX/UI boot camp was built for a wide range of individuals, whether they are full-time working professionals, students, or people looking to take their first professional job. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re a design professional, such as a graphic designer or visual designer, who wants to attain a broader skill set in the wake of their organization’s digital transformation.
You’re a technical professional who wants to transition into UX/UI and understand how to apply design thinking and user interface design to their organization’s problems.
You’re a tech enthusiast looking to gain the skills and experience to get their foot in the door in the world of design.
How to Apply to the UX/UI Boot Camp
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An advisor will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
UX/UI Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time UX/UI Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging self-paced content
- Dedicate 4 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on self-paced learning and hands-on projects
- Full-Time: 02/07/22
- Part-Time: Soon
- Part-Time: Soon
- Part-Time 01/27/22
- Part-Time: Soon
» Digital Marketing:
- Part-Time: 02/22/22
» Tech Project Management:
- Part-Time: Check back for future dates
Frequently Asked Questions
The UX/UI Boot Camp is offered through our flexible online format, combining live classes with engaging coursework to complete around your schedule. Fill out the form below to get started or learn more.
No prior UX/UI knowledge or experience is required. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare before classes begin.
No, applicants do not need to be UC Irvine students. The UX/UI Boot Camp is offered through UCI Division of Continuing Education.
Below are some of the funding options available. Please note that funding should be approved before you begin the process:
- Full Tuition, Interest-Free Payment Plan: A deposit is required to secure your seat in the class. The rest of the tuition will be split into six equal monthly payments.
- 24-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: Once approved, you’ll pay your deposit and split the remaining tuition over 24 monthly installments with zero interest.
Please contact us to get details on tuition costs and any available loan options.