in 24 Weeks
Classes start November 14 at UC Irvine
Why Learn UX/UI at UCI?
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours.
- Through in-person classes and a dynamic curriculum, you’ll develop the fundamental skills to graduate from the program ready to use your knowledge in the workforce.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
*The material covered in this course is subject to change due to market demand.
What Students Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, students learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers. Students will employ user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- Students are equipped with the technical skills needed to be competitive in the fields of user interface design, user experience research, product management, and front-end web development.
- You receive access to a tutor network, allowing you to get help both inside and outside the classroom when you need it.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including resume and social media support, portfolio reviews, interview preparation, soft skills training, coaching sessions, and more.
What Graduates Earn
- You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion in UX/UI from UCI Continuing Education showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Students graduate with the skills and confidence to join the ranks of industry-shaping creative professionals.
- Post-graduation career services are available to qualifying students, including coaching sessions, salary negotiation training, personalized job support, and more.
- By the end of the program, you’ll have an impressive professional portfolio of projects that demonstrate your knowledge and mastery of the skills learned.
About UC Irvine Division of Continuing Education
The University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education provides open enrollment learning opportunities, serving adult students online, at the UCI campus, and at employer sites nationally and worldwide. Since 1962, the UCI Division of Continuing Education has offered open enrollment learning opportunities to the Orange County community, providing open access to the resources of the university, through certificate and specialized studies programs and free, open educational resources. Connect with UCI Division of Continuing Education on the institution’s social media channels.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the program start?
- Classes begin November 14 at UC Irvine.
- Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Can I keep working while studying at The UX/UI Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- The program is part-time. Students can complete it in under six months (24 weeks).
- Do you provide career placement support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching as well as resume and portfolio support, interview preparation and experiential learning opportunities.
- Do I need to have previous experience in UX/UI before applying?
- No prior experience is required. Our pre-course tutorials will get students prepared before classes begin.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Irvine or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals and students to study UX/UI without leaving their current job.
- We put the student experience first, using robust analytics to track the academic journey and ensure that we provide top quality learning.
- We employ skilled instructors and provide a curriculum based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the market.