Classes begin quarterly
Become a Technology Project Manager in 18 Weeks
Technology has transformed the way organizations work. Today, nearly every project includes a technology component. To be effective in any industry, project managers need to understand how software is developed and what role it plays in meeting a project’s business objectives.
- Through hands-on classes in a convenient part-time format, The Technology Project Management Boot Camp prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.*
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, you’ll be positioned for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
- Over the course of 18 weeks, you’ll acquire the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
Learn Modern Project Management
You will develop technical fluency — learning how software is developed and maintained so that you can credibly lead technology projects in any industry. The market-driven curriculum covers*:
The Business of Software Development
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Business and Organizational Strategy
- Budgeting, Procurement, and Vendor Management
- Requirements Documentation
- Process Mapping and Modeling
- Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Plans
Traditional Project Management & Waterfall Development
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Triple Constraint Theory
- Project Plans
- Risk Register and Risk Matrix
- Quality and Stakeholder Management
Project Management in Operations
- Resource Planning
- Operations Team Communications Matrix
- Maintenance Release Project Scheduling
- Key Performance Indicator Dashboards
- Service Level Agreement Documents
Hybrid Project Management
- Traditional and Agile Methodologies
- Hybrid Project Management Flow
- Gantt Charts
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Sprint Boards for Hybrid Projects
- Project Closeout
Agile Methodologies and Scrum Framework
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
- Agile Scrum Framework
- Story Point Estimation
- Scrum Development Team Formation and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Product and Sprint Backlog Management
- Agile Value-Based Prioritization
- Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Gain real-world skills:
The Technology Project Management Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. Those who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Explain each stage of the traditional project management lifecycle and create all documentation required to drive a project plan from initiation to closure.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, model them as use cases and use them as input for executing the four phases of the testing life cycle.
- Apply agile principles to the working environment to conduct release, capacity, and velocity planning.
- Apply your new skills and knowledge to the Professional Scrum Master™ Level I exam.
- Utilize modern software like Jira, Smartsheet, and G Suite to build project plans and reports.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our tech project management boot camp in Irvine is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (949) 214-4016 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants do not need to be UC Irvine students. The Tech Project Management Boot Camp is offered through UCI Division of Continuing Education.
No prior experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
There are several funding options for you to choose from. Please note that funding should be approved before you begin the process:
- Early Registration Price: Pay in full by the early registration deadline and receive $1,000 off the cost of tuition.
- 4-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: A $1,000 deposit is required to secure your seat in class. The rest of the tuition will be split into four equal monthly payments.
- 24-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan (administered by EdAid): Once approved, you’ll pay your deposit and split the remaining tuition over 24 monthly installments with zero interest.
Please contact us to get details on tuition cost and any available loan options.
- 18-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Full-Time 10/19/20
- Part-Time 09/01/20
- Part-Time 08/31/20
- Part-Time 10/19/20
- Part-Time 08/31/20
» Digital Marketing:
- Part-Time 11/16/20
» Tech Project Management:
- Part-Time 11/09/20