Tech Project Management Boot Camp in Irvine, California
Become a Technology Project Manager Online in 18 Weeks
Technology has transformed the way organizations work. Today, nearly every project includes a technology component. To be effective in any industry, project managers need to understand how software is developed and what role it plays in meeting a project’s business objectives.
- Through hands-on classes in a convenient part-time format,The Tech Project Management Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education prepares you to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.*
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, you’ll be positioned for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
- Over the course of 18 weeks, you’ll acquire the skills necessary to sit for the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master™ Level I Certification.
Learn Modern Project Management Through UCI Continuing Education
You will develop technical fluency — learning how software is developed and maintained so that you can credibly lead technology projects in any industry. The market-driven curriculum covers*:
The Business of Software Development
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Budgeting, Procurement, and Vendor Management
- Requirements Documentation
- Process Mapping and Modeling
- Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Plans
Traditional Project Management
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Triple Constraint Theory
- Project Plans
- Risk Register and Risk Matrix
- Quality and Stakeholder Management
Project Management in Operations
- Resource Planning
- Operations Team Communications Matrix
- Maintenance Release Project Scheduling
- Key Performance Indicator Dashboards
- Service Level Agreement Documents
Hybrid Project Management
- Traditional and Agile Methodologies
- Hybrid Project Management Flow
- Gantt Charts
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Sprint Boards for Hybrid Projects
- Project Closeout
Agile Methodologies and Scrum Framework
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
- Agile Scrum Framework
- Story Point Estimation
- Scrum Development Team Formation and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Product and Sprint Backlog Management
- Agile Value-Based Prioritization
- Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Is a Project Manager Boot Camp Right for You?
The Technology Project Management Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. Those who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Explain each stage of the traditional project management lifecycle and create all documentation required to drive a project plan from initiation to closure.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, model them as use cases and use them as input for executing the four phases of the testing life cycle.
- Apply agile principles to the working environment to conduct release, capacity, and velocity planning.
- Apply your new skills and knowledge to the Professional Scrum Master™ Level I exam.
- Utilize modern software like Jira and Wrike to build project plans and reports.
The Market for Project Managers in Irvine, California
It’s certainly not surprising that, with a projected 37,500 open jobs annually, project managers are in high demand. What’s even more exciting, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), is an anticipated 9 percent annual job growth in the project management field through the next decade. That rate of growth is almost double the anticipated rate for all occupations!
Interestingly, the BLS ranks California as the top state in the nation with the highest level of project manager employment. In addition, Los Angeles is ranked in the top three metropolitan areas with the highest number of employed project managers.
While explosive growth in the demand for project managers is undeniable, many are attracted to this field because of the variety of employment options. Project managers are wanted in every industry, giving prospective candidates their choice of which sectors interest them most. For example, the U.S. Federal Government is ranked the number one employer of project managers. However, computer systems design, scientific/technical consulting, and universities also rank very highly in terms of project manager employment. Other high-ranking options include grantmaking, oil and gas, and social advocacy organizations. Or, perhaps you’d like to work without committing to a single industry. If so, working with a management consulting firm will give you the opportunity to sample several fields while promoting your skills and professional interests.
No matter which industry you choose, project management is a thriving field that will continue to grow throughout the next decade. Take the next step in your career and discover how project management can help you build a bright future today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our tech project management boot camp in Irvine is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (949) 214-4016 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants do not need to be UC Irvine students. The Tech Project Management Boot Camp is offered through UCI Division of Continuing Education.
No prior experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
Below are funding options for you to choose from. Please note that funding should be approved before you begin the process:
- 4-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: A deposit is required to secure your seat in the class. The rest of the tuition will be split into four equal monthly payments.
- 24-Month Interest-Free Payment Plan: Once approved, you’ll pay your deposit and split the remaining tuition over 24 monthly installments with zero interest.
Please contact us to get details on tuition cost and any available loan options.
- 18-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
» Coding: » Data: » UX/UI: » Cybersecurity: » Digital Marketing: » Tech Project Management:
» Digital Marketing:
» Tech Project Management: